“According to the health protocol approved for Hajj, pilgrims who met the health requirements and conditions for this year’s Hajj began the 7-day home isolation procedures,” the ministry said on Twitter, Al-Arabiya reported.
Hajj 2020 will commence on Tuesday, 28th of July 2020 and will continue till Sunday, 2nd of August 2020; in the evening time.
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among pilgrims, Saudi Arabia has put in place stringent health and safety measures at the holy sites, cutting the number of pilgrims to only 1000.
The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has said that health criteria are the main determinant for selecting the pilgrims.
The pilgrims will undergo coronavirus testing before allowed to go to the holy city of Makkah.
Earlier this month, Saudi Arabia issued health protocols to protect those going to the upcoming Hajj pilgrimage.
The restrictions include wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, and using only provided previously sterilized stones for the Jamarat.
Hajj ceremonies symbolize the essential concepts of the Islamic faith. It commemorates the trials of Prophet Abraham and his family.
Every able-bodied adult Muslim who can financially afford the trip must perform Hajj at least once in a lifetime.