Skip to main content

10 Romantic Sunnahs to Learn From Prophet Muhammad’s Life

Oftentimes, we see and read stories of couples and their outstanding romantic life. Sometimes, these stories are unrealistic, sometimes exaggerating…

If we examine the life of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), we’d find it full of instances that we, most of the time, forget to look at and hardly follow.

We know how much he was respectful for women and ordered the companions to be so. He led by example when he said:

I’m best to my wives.

So, let’s look at how the Prophet displayed his love for his wives?

Here are some romantic Sunnahs of the Prophet that we need to adopt:

1- EXPRESS YOUR LOVE IN DIFFERENT WAYS

His love for Aisha was immense.

In one narration Aisha said:

“The Messenger of Allah used to divide his time equally and said: O Allah, this is my division concerning what I control, so do not blame me concerning what You control and I do not.”

Abu Dawud said: By it meant the heart. (Abu Dawud)

One day, the Prophet’s companions, Amr ibn Al-As, said:

“I came to the Prophet and said:

Which people do you love most?

He replied, Aisha.

I said: ‘From amongst the men?’

He replied, ‘Her father, (Abu Bakr).’

Aisha said:

“The Messenger of Allah used to put his mouth on the place where I had drunk from, and he would drink from what was leftover by me, while I was menstruating.” (An-Nasa’i)

Visit Dar-us-Salam.com Islamic Bookstore

2- FEED HER

How it’s easy to gain rewards in Islam! Just by smiling at your wife or putting a morsel in her mouth, you get a reward. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

“You will be rewarded for whatever you spend for Allah’s sake even if it were a morsel which you put in your wife’s mouth.”

(Al Bukhari)

3- PLAY WITH HER

How many times do you invite your spouse to trekking or playing a game? Imagine, the leader who used to have plenty of responsibilities, he could find time to share a game with his wife.

“The Prophet raced with me and I beat him.” (Ibn Majah)

4- CLEANUP FOR HER

What’s the first thing you do when you have an important meeting? Tidying up, using your favorite perfume… why not try these when you’re entering home?

Shuraih bin Hani (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked ‘Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her): “What was the first thing which the Prophet would do when he entered his house?”

She replied:

“He would use Miswak (tooth-stick).” (Muslim)

5- LEAN ON HER LAP

Romantic lovers like to lean on each other’s shoulder or lap. Doing this brings a state of calmness and contentment. Prophet Muhammad used to put his head in Aisha’s lap and recite the Quran.

Narrated Aisha:

“The Prophet (peace be upon him) used to lean on my lap and recite Quran while I was in menses.” (Al-Bukhari)

Visit Dar-us-Salam Publications - Online Islamic Bookstore!

6- BATH WITH HER

Aisha said:

“I and the Messenger (PBUH) took a bath from the same vessel and our hands alternated into it in the state that we had had sexual intercourse.” (Muslim)

Also:

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbas that his maternal aunt Maimunah said:

“The Messenger of Allah and I used to take bath from a single vessel.” (Ibn Majah)

7- SHARE HER INTERESTS

Sharing interests with your spouse certainly brings great love and happiness.

Aisha said:

“The Prophet was screening me with his Rida’ (garment covering the upper part of the body) while I was looking at the Ethiopians who were playing in the courtyard of the mosque. (I continued watching) till I was satisfied. So you may deduce from this event how a little girl (who has not reached the age of puberty) who is eager to enjoy amusement should be treated in this respect.” (Al-Bukhari)

8- LOVE HER FRIENDS

Aisha said:

“I did not feel jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet as much as I did of Khadija though I did not see her, but the Prophet used to mention her very often, and when ever he slaughtered a sheep, he would cut its parts and send them to the friends of Khadija.” (Al-Bukhari)

Visit Dar-us-Salam.com for all your Islamic shopping needs!

9- HELP HER

Why it’s difficult for many men to help in the home tasks like cleaning, washing dishes, or fixing up the sink…?

Spare some time to help fixing something in the house, or help in cleaning. The Prophet used to do so.

Al-Aswad said:

“I asked ‘A’isha, may Allah be pleased with her, ‘What did the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, do when he was with his family?’

She replied:

“He would do chores for his family, and when it was time for the prayer, he would go out. ” (Al Albani)

10- CALL HER BY HER BEAUTIFUL NAME

The Prophet used to call Aisha by her beautiful name. One day she asked the Prophet:

“O Messenger of Allah, what are the things which are not permissible to withhold?”

He said: “Water, salt and fire.”

She said: “I said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, we know what water is, but what about salt and fire?”

He said: “O Humaira’, whoever gives fire (to another), it is as if he has given in charity all the food that is cooked on that fire. Whoever gives salt, it is as if he has given in charity all that the salt makes good. And whoever gives a Muslim water to drink when water is available, it is as if he freed a slave; and whoever gives a Muslim water to drink when there is no water available, it is as if he brought him back to life.” (Ibn Majah)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE AND ITS CONSEQUENCES.

In the name of Allah, most compassionate and most merciful. “From among the signs of the Hour (end of time) are that religious knowledge will be taken away (by the death of religious scholars), ignorance will prevail, drinking of alcoholic drinks, and there will be a prevalence of Zina.” – Prophet (saw) We begin our topic with these words of our beloved Prophet. How true were his words? We live in a world where all these things are prevalent and unfortunately in our Muslim community as well. Many of our Muslim brothers and sisters are trapped in the evil of Zina and it has become a norm for them, as a result they don’t even consider it haram and unlawful. Allah says in holy Quran: Sūrah al-Isrā’, 17:32: “And do not even approach zina, for it is an outrageous act, and an evil way…’’ We are not going into detail about why Zina is unlawful but in this article, you will find the consequences of this sin. How this affects a life of a person physically, mentally, spiritually and so

MUSLIMS MOURN ALI BANAT - THE MAN ‘GIFTED WITH CANCER’

It’s a sad day for all those who knew Ali Banat, the young man gifted with cancer. Ali Banat was an inspiring Australian Muslim philanthropist whose diagnosis of cancer motivated him to dedicate his life to charity work. “At this point in my life, Alhamdulillah I have been gifted by Allah with cancer throughout my body and I have changed my whole life to helping people,” he said. An Inspiration to Muslim Youth A man of a kind heart was known for his charity work over the past three years. One of his biggest achievements is MATW project, (Muslims Around The World) launched in October 2015 to assist those less fortunate in the poverty-stricken areas of Togo, Africa. He was an inspiration to Muslim youth, dedicating his big fortune to charity work. His organization built mosques and schools for the less fortunate in Africa. May Allah accept it from him! Indeed, to Allah we belong and to Him we shall return. May Allah have mercy on our brother Ali Banat and make it easy

THE MAN WHO INSPIRE MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS EVEN WHEN HE IS PASSED AWAY (ALI BANAT)

Ali Banat is a sydney born who was diagnosed with Cancer and doctors have given him only 7 months to live. Despite his circumstances, he considers this a gift from Allah. Ali Banat, is a young man who, in his own words, was “gifted” with a stage 4 cancer throughout his body. He was given just a few months to live but took this great test as an opportunity to change his life. Upon receiving this news he immediately sold his business, gave up his lavish lifestyle and prized possessions and began a new mission to give up his Dunya and work for his Akhira. Ali has humbly dedicated the remainder of his life to helping those who are far less fortunate than him and in doing so, set up the charity MATW Project (Muslims Around The World) which has already changed the lives of so many. Being diagnosed with cancer is like death sentence for many. But this is not the way Australian Muslim Ali Ali Banat sees it. For him, the sickness is unquestionably a gift from Allah. “At this point in m