The one who is afflicted with an evil eye or is possessed by jinn has certain symptoms by which we can ascertain if one is affected or not.
Those who deal with Ruqya (incantations) as prescribed in Islam have mentioned some of those symptoms. Although symptoms vary greatly with each case some of the symptoms are common.
SOME SYMPTOMS OF POSSESSION.
1. Turning away and reacting strongly when Quran is recited or Adhan is said.
2. When Quran is recited, a person may faint or suffer seizures.
3. Lot of disturbing dreams.
4. Remain alone, keep away from people and behave strangely.
5. The devil speaks and becomes aggressive when Quran is recited over him.
6. Too much hungry or loss of appetite.
SOME SYMPTOMS OF EVIL EYE.
IF IT IS NOT A REAL SICKNESS, THEN THE SYMPTOMS MAY TAKE THE FOLLOWING FORMS:
1. Headaches that move from one part of head to another.
2. Yellowness of face.
3. Too much sweating or urinating.
4. Weak appetite.
5. Palpitations in heart.
6. Pain in lower back or shoulders.
7. Sadness and anxiety.
9. Love solitude.
10. Remain alone and become lazy.
11. Health problems with no medical cause.
These signs or some of them may be present according to the strength of the evil eye or the number of people who put the evil eye on others.
And Allah knows best.