1. THE SLAVES OF ALLAH PERFECT THEIR SERVITUDE TO ALLAH by struggling against shaytan and thus reaching lofty ranks of piety that could not have been achieved without shaytan’s existence.
2. THE SLAVES OF ALLAH INCREASE IN THEIR TAQWA (i.e., fearing the consequences of belittling the commandments and prohibitions of Allah) after having witnessed shaytan’s fall from being amidst the Angels to being shaytan- the rejected.
3. A LESSON. The fathers of both Humankind and Jinn kind were tested. One father – Iblees was too proud and refused to follow Allah’s commands. He was made to face shame and disgrace and drive away from paradise and doomed to be amongst the people of Hell. He thus became a lesson for those who show arrogance and remain in their sins. Conversely, the other father, Adam (AS) became an example for those who repent and return back to Allah after having committed sins.
4. SHAYTAN IS A TRIAL AND TEST FOR ALLAH’S SLAVES
5. MANIFESTATION OF ALLAH’S COMPLETE ABILITY AND AUTHORITY TO CREATE OPPOSITES such as; Heavens and earth, Light and Darkness, Paradise and Hell, Water and Fire, Heat and Cold, Good and Evil, Jibreel and Angels as opposed to Iblees and the shayateen
6. THE GOODNESS OF A THING CAN ONLY BE DEMONSTRATED BY MEANS OF ITS OPPOSITE it if we're not for ugly, we would not appreciate the virtue of beauty; if it were not for poverty, we would not value wealth.
7. ALLAH’S FORBEARANCE AND PATIENCE. Allah loves to manifest his forbearance, patience, and Deliberation (lake of haste), immense mercy and altruism. This necessitates that he should create those who will anger him. Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) informed us, “If you did not err, Allah would cause you to disappear and would bring people who would err and then seek his forgiveness, so that he could forgive them’’.
Yet, despite their errors, Allah bestows upon them all kinds of blessings; he sends provision, gives good health and allows them to enjoy all kinds of luxuries. He answers their prayers and removes the harms from their way. He treats them with kindness and care, unlike the manner in which they treat him. According to Hassan (RS) Allah says, “O son of Adam, you have not been fair to me. My goodness comes down to you, and your evil deeds ascend to me. I try to win your love by sending you blessings when I have no need of you and how you try to earn my hatred by disobeying me, while you are in great need of me, and the noble angels are continuously bringing your evil actions to me’’.
And when the slave returns back to Allah and seeks his forgiveness Allah accepts their repentance and thus the slaves witness his attribute of mercy and forgiveness.
8. THINGS BELOVED TO ALLAH OCCURS DUE TO THE EXISTENCE OF SHAYTAN. Although evil and sins that occur due to the existence of shaytan and his cohorts anger Allah; the acts of obedience that result is dearer to Allah and more pleasing to him; such as the believer’s going against his desires that are insinuated by shaytan, and the believer’s patience upon the hardships that shaytan creates in the path of those who seek to earn Allah’s love and pleasure.