1. Put away your phone in their presence.
2. Pay attention to what they are saying.
3. Accept their opinions.
4. Engage in their conversations.
5. Look at them with respect.
6. Always praise them.
7. Share good news with them.
8. Avoid sharing bad news with them.
9. Speak well of their friends and loved ones to them.
10. Keep in remembrance the good things they did.
11. If they repeat a story, listen like it's the first time they tell it.
12. Don't bring up painful memories from the past.
13. Avoid side conversations in their presence
14. Sit respectfully around them.
15. Don't belittle/criticize their opinions and thoughts.
16. Avoid cutting them off when they speak.
17. Respect their age.
18. Avoid hitting/disciplining their grandchildren around them.
19. Accept their advice and direction.
20. Give them the power of leadership when they are present.
21. Avoid raising your voice at them.
22. Avoid walking in front or ahead of them.
23. Avoid eating before them.
24. Avoid glaring at them.
25. Fill them with ur appreciation even when they don't think they deserve it.
26. Avoid putting your feet up in front of them or sitting with your back to them.
27. Don't speak ill of them to the point where others speak ill of them too.
28. Keep them in your prayers always possible.
29. Avoid seeming bored or tired of them in their presence.
30. Avoid laughing at their faults/mistakes.
31. Do a task before they ask you to.
32. Continuously visit them.
33. Choose your words carefully when speaking with them.
34. Call them by names they like.
35. Make them your priority above anything.
Parents are a treasure on this land and sooner than you think, that treasure will be buried. Appreciate your parents while you still can.
Today lets make lots of Dua's for our beloved parents, alive or deceased.
Ya Allah ease the burdens of our beloved parents,
Ya Allah remove their burdens due to debt,
Ya Allah ease their pain,
Ya Allah give shifa for the diseases they're suffering from,
Ya Allah never make them dependent on anyone besides You until their last breath,
We should respect and honour our parents
Never hurt them, part of the reason of all the troubles they're undergoing is due to us
Their debts are due to fulfilling our needs
Their poor health is due to their efforts in giving us the best
Their every breath is a sacrifice made for their children
Ya Allah bless our parents with Happiness*
Make a promise that u would at least do one thing today which will make your parents happy
Jazaak Allah Khair